Thursday, May 13, 2010

The hardest week...

I wanted to put something on here to honor Granddaddy...but unlike most of my family, I am not good with words but I did find a poem that works really well since me and the kids just saw him the day before.

My Last Visit
© Alexis Abraham
It's time, to say goodbye.
I'm so upset, my mouth has gone dry.

Slowly I bend over, and give you a kiss.
your blue eyes filled with sadness, the time I spent together I will miss.

When I pull away, with this pain in my heart.

I don't want you to leave me, I don't want to be apart.

Sadly I know, this goodbye means forever, we have so many memories,
that I will always remember.

The drive back home, was the saddest I ever had.
I cried so hard, I felt so bad.

I prayed that God, would let you stay.
But eventually He took you, far away.

It's all for the best, I learned to face.
you are free from pain, and in a better place.
your memory is alive, to this day.
I love you so much Granddaddy even though your far away.

I know you look down on me, and still love me with all your heart,
a bond so strong, it will never break apart.

Please remember me, and all the good times.

For I love you so much, I will always remember you.



I will always remember all the good times I had with my Granddaddy and all the "firsts" that he did with all of us. I just hate that he won't be here to take Addie on her first boat ride or first fishing trip.

You were truly the best Granddaddy and will be missed by us all. We love you and can't wait to see you again one day!

No comments: